Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The health care system. And a squirrel.

Today, I called the health care office, and was greeted by a menu system, letting me decide when they would call me back to set up an appointment. I chose as soon as possible, which was 11am (I made the call around 10am). Around 12:15pm, they called me back. They started taking my information, and once the nurse (I assume) had all my info in the system, she was just about to ask when I wanted to come in. That's when she realized I had to fill out some form first, and that she would send it to me as soon as possible. Once I've sent THAT form back in to them, I can THEN call and make an appointment. Is this for real? What's going on here? I don't know. I guess I'll have more clues when I get the form.

After more than two weeks back in Sweden, I saw my first squirrel today. I hear they're getting close to extinct, so that felt like a treat! Quite the opposite of southwestern Ontario, where squirrels seem to be more prominent than people.

1 comment: