Little to no progress here: No job or interviews yet. No unemployment funds received. No doctor's appointment yet.
The last one is becoming more and more vital to my health. I am seriously beginning to think that the disk between my L4 and L5 (where I had my hernia 4-5 years back) lumbar vertebrae has become so compacted lately that my vertebrae are touching. This would explain why I can barely rotate my torso without having excruciating pains, and why walking is becoming painful (it didn't used to be) from time to time.
I know that surgery could be in my near future if my fears are real, and this adds to my worries. I don't mind going under the knife per se, but an aunt had disk hernia surgery a couple of decades back, and she had serious problems afterwards (she couldn't even sit for YEARS). I'm usually not a worrier, but it's come to the point where I'm losing sleep over this. Until now, the pain has been acceptable. This sounds stupid, but if you know me, it should makes sense to you. I have a tendency to dismiss things as less serious than they really are, if I think it won't affect me negatively in the long run. Add to that that I hope for the best, and that I think I'm right - and the result could be bad.
I REALLY hope that I can get an appointment at the doctor's office real soon, to FINALLY figure out what is really wrong, and what can be done. It's time to drop the act that I can live with this, and to take care of things.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment