This has been one of the slowest Easter Sundays that I can remember. And that says a lot coming from me!
It did start early though, since I woke at 6am (after 3-4 hours of sleep) with no idea whether it was morning or late afternoon. Since the daylight at this time of year at this location is pretty much the same around 6am and 6pm, I was more than a little confused. Little did it help that I have an analog alarmclock! As I heard the television turned on downstairs, I figured that there are no morning shows on that early in this country, and could only assume that I had slept all day long. What a waste!!! I got dressed, and went downstairs - only to find out that it WAS still morning. Great. As stupid as I felt, I was relieved that I hadn't wasted a nice, sunny day by hibernating. Back to bed, and I snoozed away for another few hours.
Spent the afternoon mostly translating my résumé into Swedish (and updating my contact info on the English one), and applying for some jobs. Even though my Swedish is not completely up to par, at least I could manage to apply for jobs at Uppsala university library that required excellent skills in English. The Swedish language should return to me automatically the more I use it. An assumption that could come back and bite me, unless I manage to stay away from the nuthouse for not being able to complete more than a few sentences in a row without serious issues. Time will tell, as they say. Whoever 'they' are. Could be the same 'they's that are out to get me!!! Oh dear. What a man to do but go crazy.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment