Got to go on some short sight-seeing today, to see what has changed and not. Turns out, it's a lot more that has NOT changed than what has. The more noticable change in the town centre is the addition of a galleria mall, with two floors (wow!) and the town's first escalator! Whether or not the escalator is actually the town's first or not is up for debate. During the unveiling of the galleria mall, they claimed it WAS, but I firmly insist we had one back in the 80s. Judging by the debate still ongoing in the Facebook group for people who live and have lived in this town, there is still no definite answer. Do I have to go to the library and see if I can find the answer there or what???!!! Do something in this town instead of yapping about nothing!!!! So sad. A ghost town with zombies talking funny. I know - that was incorrect since zombies don't talk. Still - I think you get the point.
Sight-seeing by car took me to the new traffic circles in the outskirts of town. While I do understand the purpose of traffic circles, I'm not sure why this place need so many of them. When the traffic light disappears in favour of yet another one, the driver's ed school will have to close since it's not allowed to get your licence in a town with no traffic lights. Go figure. Just go ahead and kill off some businesses that have been around here forever, and that are part of most people's induction to driverhood.
With Easter being here and all, everything seems to be closed until Tuesday. No clue what I might end up doing. No easter bunnies around, but I might just see some kids dressed up as witches, begging for candy. Gotta luv those pagan traditions. I just hope none of those kids will take off on their brooms and fly off to Blue Hill to fornicate with the devil like the tradition goes. Not that it'd surprise me. Maybe I should start bringing my camcorder with me when I go out and shoot some of this freakiness. Might end up there on the video shelves with Twin Peaks and The Outer Limits.
Stay safe, and don't eat too many eggs. Candy or otherwise. Moderation is the key. That said (written) - I know I don't follow my own advice in here with my typed spewing of deranged mentalese, but since you're reading this, I suppose it has some purpose. Straight from my brain to yours for safe keeping until it's forgotten.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment