Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ups & Downs

As for the downs, my back continues to worsen. Part of it is that I've stopped taking the pain killers I have, since they are definitely not good for me. As soon as I stop taking them for more than half a day, I get crazy headaches that last and last. They last for days even if I start taking the damn pills again, so I have stopped altogether for now. At least my mind is clear for now, and I prefer that to feeling like my brain is trying to leave my skull. A bad back, I am quite used to and can handle. As far as I know, it's only pain, and as such, the doctor (once I get to see one) can figure out what to do with the problem.

On a positive note, I now have my card adapter so I can move files from my camcorder/camera to the cocmputer for editing and uploading to Facebook. I took some photos yesterday from my high school days, as I found my yearbooks from 1983-1990. Was a bit of a time machine, and it was all fun. I uploaded some photos to stayfriends.se (I assume there's a .com version too), where I tagged a bunch a people just like it's done in Facebook. If it can help some people--me or others--to find each other, it was all worth the time spent.

Will try to get some more photos taken in the next weeks, as spring has started to really make its mark here. The last week of primarily rainy days has turned the area green. Most trees now have leaves, and both lilacs and lily-of-the-valley are blossoming earlier than normal. With both being among my definite favourite flowers, it's time to head out and smell them. And, of course, photograph them.

No comments:

Post a Comment