Sunday, May 17, 2009

My mind is still primarily Canadian...


...as my dog sitting days are in their last few hours for this time. I've noticed this in how I communicate with the dog. With (most) humans, there's a fair interaction where we take turns initiating a conversation. With dogs, there isn't much speech (as we know it) from them, and all human speech comes from us. When I have talked to the dog in the last few days, my language of instinct has been English at least 80% of the time. This shows fairly well that I still haven't converted into thinking in Swedish, and it also shows that my interactions in Swedish are more about translating my sentences rather than instinctually and spontaneously speak my mind. Interesting. Maybe I can dog sit more often, and see how far my mind and instincts have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment